More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James U Scott has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
2 visits in 30 days and I'm finding a new pediatrician. Ok, I understand that the Cartersville office is not their main office and they cater to all middle and lower class, but I was concerned about the amount of dirt on the floors like it hadn't been swept, well, ever. It was definitely not clean like you would expect a doctor's office to be. Dr. Scott was friendly and talked with us a lot about what was going on with our son but failed to let him know what to expect during the visit. New to the area, we came in for his ADD meds and my 10 year old was like a deer caught in headlights as the doctor proceeded to unbutton his pants to give him a "full check up" without telling him what he was doing. He was traumatized. Bedside manner is definitely lacking a bit. You don't do that to children. As for our daughter, we've been noticing some things with her health that we wanted to follow up on. It was all in her records from her previous pediatrician and the next step was have blood work done and Ms. Rosie the PA refused to order labs on her and said they didn't see the need. I may not be a doctor, but I know when something is wrong with my child so don't dismiss my concerns like they're nothing. Not happy with this level of pediatric care. I expect more for my children. Be weary. The good thing about this place is that the staff is friendly, the wait was very reasonable. 5 mins one time and 25 the next. And they say that if you're willing to wait they will fit your sick child in before they leave for the day even if they're very busy. So, I guess it just depends on the level of type of care you require. I hope this helps more parents out there.
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. James U Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James U Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wytheville, VA.