Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James V Higgins has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Receptionist is high strung, makes inappropiate comments "I know, I have an ex-husband too"... even though insured, she demanded copies of entire policy, court papers, asked twice for social security #"s...the good Dr. told me he couldn't help it that our insurance is confusing....Huh? WALKED OUT, WOULD NOT LET HIM TOUCH MY CHILD....
30 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. James V Higgins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Gi Associates, 4102 24th St Ste 401, Lubbock, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James V Higgins in this video.
Dr. James V Higgins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.