Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Van Hook
Dr. James Van Hook, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Dr. Van Hook is affiliated with UC Health - University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Mercy Hospital Anderson and Northwest Hosptial. He speaks English.
Dr. James Van Hook has the following 1 specialty
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Fetal Diseases
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Neural Tube Defects
Showing 5 of 5
I came to the hospital as an emergency. Dr. VanHook literally saved my baby's life. He had to make tough calls in an emergent situation and everything he did allowed me to carry my baby beyond 23 weeks pregnant to pregnant and healthy still today at 28 weeks. He was a blessing to our family and we will forever be grateful that he was the doctor we saw that scary night.
Dr. Van Hook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC Health - University of Cincinnati Medical Center
Mercy Hospital Anderson
Mercy Hospital Fairfield
St Elizabeth Florence
St Luke Hospital West
The Christ Hospital
St Elizabeth Ft Thomas
University Of Texas Medical Br, Galveston, Tx
31 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1982
Dr. James Van Hook accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUC Health - University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 234 Goodman St, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. James Van Hook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.