The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James R Verheyden MD
Dr. James R Verheyden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bend, OR, with other offices in Burns, OR and Bend, OR (and 1 other location). He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. James R Verheyden has 4 locations
559 W Washington St
Burns, OR 97720
Dr. James R Verheyden has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James R Verheyden has the following 4 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. James R Verheyden is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Verheyden - Posted on April 5th, 2019
After going to see Dr. Verheyden on several occasions for various hand and wrist issues, I recently had hand surgery performed by him. Dr. Verheyden is a very caring, compassionate and capable physician whom I highly recommend for excellent care and follow up. I would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone in need of his medical expertise.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Verheyden - Posted on March 5th, 2019
Hand problem corrected
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Verheyden - Posted on November 27th, 2018
Dr Verheyden treated me for broken wrist years ago and told me i had Dupryen’s Contracture which would eventually need correcting. Recently that correction was done by a new non invasive (non-Surgical) procedure. Done in short time and hand pain and distortion corrected and looking normal in a week. highly recommend him as a totally grateful patient (GP)!!
Not a compassionate doctor my hand doesn't work!
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Verheyden - Posted on July 2nd, 2018
Not understanding of the lack of motion I have left in my hand blames it on me being a low pain tolerance yet I have all my pain med's left. I don't want to take pills I want to get better not mask the pain with drugs. My fingers are worse now than they were before the surgery, and all he can say is that's how it is!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. James R Verheyden - Posted on November 1st, 2017
Refused to admit that there was something seriously wrong with hand surgery he performed on me. Weeks and months of excruciating pain. Physical therapy that made it worse. Was told my Dr Verheyden that I wasn't doing the hand exercises enough. Pain specialist sent us to another hand surgeon who found a screw had been placed into a nerve. We found out later that xrays and mri that were done and reviewed by Dr. Verheyden showed this! He either refused to admit had happened or was very inept at reading them. I had to have corrective hand surgery. Surgeon said it was the worse hand she had ever seen and the hand had not even been fused which was the purpose of the surgery in the 1st place. Should ave sued!
22 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1997
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. James R Verheyden Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Verheyden, MD - Surgery of the Hand in Bend, OR, in this video.
Dr. James R Verheyden is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bend, OR.