Dr. James Verheyden Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. James Verheyden?

Posted on November 1st, 2017

Refused to admit that there was something seriously wrong with hand surgery he performed on me. Weeks and months of excruciating pain. Physical therapy that made it worse. Was told my Dr Verheyden that I wasn't doing the hand exercises enough. Pain specialist sent us to another hand surgeon who found a screw had been placed into a nerve. We found out later that xrays and mri that were done and reviewed by Dr. Verheyden showed this! He either refused to admit had happened or was very inept at reading them. I had to have corrective hand surgery. Surgeon said it was the worse hand she had ever seen and the hand had not even been fused which was the purpose of the surgery in the 1st place. Should ave sued!

Thumb Surgery

Posted on July 7th, 2013

Dr James Verheyden resently performed Thumb Surgery on my husband he is a excellent Surgeon.Great personality the my husband and i are very lucky to have him as our Dr and the Center is too.

Staleoldpop

Posted on September 19th, 2010

I went to see this Dr. due to large accumulation of fluids in my elbow. X-Ray showed bone chips so surgery was scheduled. Two days after surgery my drain was removed and on the third day the elbow opened up and began leaking large amounts of liquid. I went back in to see the Dr. who insinuated that i had caused the problem. Several weeks later I finally convinced him that something must be done as the elbow was not healing.Although he still felt it was my fault, he agreed to do something.While being prepped my elbow burst open in front of two staff members. He cut away the skin around the opening and stitched it back. This was done in a room with two doors opened to hallways. I ended up with a severe infection which he refused to admit was anything serious,"just fibrous tissue". He had a cast room technician remove the stitches in the cast room which is certainly not very clean by nature. The most ugly junk was taken out with no anesthetic and no culture was taken. He had the tech wrap the open wound and sent me to schedule surgery the next day.Within an hour, the dressing was saturated so he had the tech just add three more pads without removing the saturated one. Three hours later, at home, it was all saturated so I wrapped the elbow in lastic and sealed it so he could see it in the morning.Although he would not admit to an infection, he had a potent IV antibiotic administered during surgery. After three attempts in eight weeks and the loss of my arm during this period, my elbow is finally healing. No one should need to go through an experience such as this so I would never recommend him.

Posted on July 7th, 2008

Excellent with my carpal tunnel problem. No more problems

Posted on October 5th, 2017