Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James W Adams
Dr. James W Adams, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Paul, MN. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Adams is affiliated with Woodwinds Health Campus, St Joseph's Hospital and St John's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James W Adams has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James W Adams has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Testing
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
Dr. James W Adams has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Adams has been my internal medicine doctor for several years now and has helped me through several medical issues and personal challenges. He is very caring, patient, and is uses evidenced based medicine with a patient centered focus. He follows up directly with me on the phone as promised and sees me directly in the hospital, not some hospitalist. He answers his own after hours calls as well. Medicine as it should be practiced.
Dr. Adams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJames W Adams Md, 115 Lexington Pkwy S, Saint Paul, MN
Dr. James W Adams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.