Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Walentynowicz has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Walentynowicz accurately diagnosed my broken ankle and torn ligaments. He did surgery to repair it. It has been 2 years now and my ankle feels great. I have played sports again and recently started jogging. Now I'm starting to get concerned about a previous knee injury. I will definitely have Dr. Walentynowicz check it out.
I tweaked my knee playing racquetball and went to see Dr. Walentynowicz. I had x-rays and an MRI done and was diagnosed with a torn meniscus. His recommendation was basically endure it the way it is until you want to have surgery to fix the meniscus.This didn't sit well with me so I went to see another Ortho in Indianapolis. He spent 30 seconds looking at the MRI and x-rays and showed me the problem - early osteoarthritis. Basically the joint space had narrowed and had pushed my meniscus outward (described as bulging in the MRI reading) and that when it bulges, it has to tear. Its tied on both ends so small tears are what it has to do.He gave me a regiment of flexion exercises to do and taught me how to manage the condition. Knee is doing great.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. James E Walentynowicz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James E Walentynowicz is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.