Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Wasson has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I just deliver my baby 11-4-2017 I did all my prenatal care with Dr. Wasson excellent service. My platelet count was dropping and my blood pressure was getting elevated due to my pregnancy. He would have me come in 2-3 times per week to have me checked and done random blood work to make sure I was going to deliver safe and have a healthy baby. I really recommend his services. Excellent will return for my yearly women exams and birth control method.
Dr.Wasson told me that I had a mass coming out of my cervix and it was probably CANCER! He offered no further test, no explaining anything just procedures that he could do cheaper in his office compared a hospital..since I was a cash paying patient. Once my pap results were in I was told to schedule for a procedure, didnt tell me what it was or why I needed it besides my pap results were abnormal. I didn't feel right about it so I got a second opinion.. low and behold NO MASS in my cervix. Lying creep!!! He wont get anymore of my money.
I worked for this man for almost 18 years. He taught me so much. In reviewing other physician's records over the years, no one else does for their patients like Dr. Wasson does. He is extremely intelligent and follows ACOG guidelines to the "T." He once told me, "When a patient has a bad outcome with their baby, I want to look in that mama's eyes and know that I did everything I could have have possibly done." In those 18 years, I never saw a bad outcome that was caused by him. EVER!!! He really is an awesome physician.
Dr. Wasson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. James L Wasson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Total Care, 649 S Broadway Ave Ste 2, Tyler, TX
Dr. James L Wasson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.