Dr. James R Wendelken Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. James R Wendelken?

My husband saw him a month ago having extreme pain. It took him over a week to schedule cat scan. We’ve called the office dail since then. No one will return our calls. My husband still in pain. It has been the most unprofessional experience. We waited weeks for them to even set us up an appointment in the first place.

Doesn't care about your time

New patient arrived 30 mins early for appt. to do paperwork. 60 mins after scheduled appt time, still sitting in waiting room. Asked the nurse how much longer wait would be was told "well there's other patients ahead of you". Some people should learn just because their name has MD at the end it doesn't give a reason to keep patients waiting. Wouldn't recemend Dr. Wendelken to anyone.

Great doctor.

Dr. Wendelken has been my doctor for about 10 years and he is aggressive when you have problems that are hard to treat.

Great doctor.

staff is bossy, uncaring of patient, after appointment is made office wait is 1 to 1 and 1/2 hour each time. Will not renew prescriptions even if you run out and office appointment is made.

Patient

I went to see Dr. Wendelken about kidney stones and while I was at his office they checked my liver. He told me I had something wrong with my liver and that needed a few test done to know what is going on so he could treat me. After I completed all the test I went back to get my results from him and he told me he had not received all the information and would be right back in the room. Ten minutes later his nurse walks in and says that I need to complete new test as the ones I had completed were two months old and he did not feel like going over them with me. He had moved on to another patient while I was waiting on him and he never bother to tell me anything at all. He just left me in the room and told one of his helpers to deal with me and schedule me for more test. I was so angry at that point I just collected my stuff and left his office. I will not ever return to his office for anything.

PATIENT

DOCTOR AND STAFF WERE VERY FRIENDLY, HOWEVER GRAB BARS IN THE LABORATORY BATHROOMS WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE

Great experience.

I had read all the other reviews and was ready to be treated poorly by the staff and the doctor as far as personalities go. It was just the opposite. The receptionist was friendly and smiley. After seeing the doctor, she took extra time and effort to get my follow up appointments set up around my work schedule. My wait time was not excessive at all. As with every doctor I have ever been to, I went in after my appointment time, but only by 15-20 minutes. The doctor was in the exam room with me within 10 minutes. The doctor himself was a good experience. He was straight forward with the information regarding my condition, providing me with a great deal of information and treatment options. We had a frank discussion regarding my treatment plan and I was an active participant in selecting how my condition would be treated. He smiled, laughed, seemed relaxed and impressed me as a doctor who really knew what he was doing. I guess for some more timid people who are not proactive in their own treatment he might seem too direct. I thought his directness and giving of information and options was refreshing. His listening to my concerns and allowing me to participate in my treatment plan was unusual for doctors in my experience. I would recommend Dr. Wendelken as a competent, caring physician and will be seeing him more in the future.

Missed an appointment by 15 minutes and had it rescheduled the following week at another office. Arrived 15 minutes early, didn't go through the door to an exam room for 45 minutes and then it still was another 45 minutes till Dr Wendelken appeared in the room where he inserted a new catheter and then left. He then complained that he wasn't making any money do this under the new health care act. His beside manner is something less than desired, meaning he is rude, crude and has a very high opinion of himself. He doesn't care of his patients feelings and yet he interened or had worked at the VA hospital, where he working on our service personnel, helping them with their injuries. He has to go back to that time and remember his bedside manner of that time.

I would not recommend this doctor and I intend to report my dissatisfaction to my family doctor, Dr. LeBlanc. His front desk staff was extremely unprofessional, the check out receptionist was coughing the majority of my time in the waiting which was 90 minutes. I witnessed the manager (per her name badge) reprimanding a nurse in front of the waiting room staff. By the time l actually made it too the exam room I waited 35 minutes to see the doctor, he seemed angry and in a rush. I waited over 3 weeks to get a call to schedule my biopsy and then 10 days to get my results, when I called to check on my results the receptionist would NOT let me speak to a nurse. I left 6 messAges for the nurse. Finally the dr called to give me my results. There needs to be some changes in that office, very rude and poor patient care.

Not Satisfied not even close

This Doctor does not like Global Health Insurance. He should remove himself from that insurance since he does not like it so much. Cause now he has wasted my time and money by declining a minor surgery that my son needed. He is rude and angry. Which makes us look for another Doctor now. Thank you for a complete waste of time. Very unprofessional.

Not Satisfied not even close

Dr. James R Wendelken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.