Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Allen
Dr. James Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Medical City North Hills, Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-Euless-Bedford. Dr. Allen has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James Allen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. James Allen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Pulled a hammy late evening. Kept ice on all night. No bruise appeared until after a.m. appt w/doc. Asked for anything for the pain I knew was coming when I went to work. Recpt phoned me @ work. Said doc didnt believe I had pulled hammy becuz of NO BRUISING; by then the back of my leg was dark purple, or perhaps indigo blue, & Dr Allen would no longer be my Dr. I reckon he thought I'd be STUPID enough to "fake" a pulled hamstring for pain pills. That was 25yrs ago. I detest being labeled a liar...obviously, it has bugged me for over two decades! 1:07 | 18:48
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJames Young Allen Jr Md, 411 W 7th St, Fort Worth, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Allen in this video.
Dr. James Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.