Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Erskine DO
Dr. James Erskine, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Sebastopol, CA, with another office in Sebastopol, CA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Erskine is affiliated with Petaluma Valley Hospital, Palm Drive Hospital and Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James Erskine has 2 locations
1141 Gravenstein Hwy S
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Dr. James Erskine has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. James Erskine has the following 3 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Osteopathic Manipulation
Dr. Erskine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Petaluma Valley Hospital
Palm Drive Hospital
Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa
Sutter Medical Center of
24 Years Experience
Western University of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1989
Dr. James Erskine Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. James Erskine's office for more information.
1141 Gravenstein Hwy S Sebastopol, CA 95472
506 S Main St Sebastopol, CA : (707) 829-5455
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Erskine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sebastopol, CA.