Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J York has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. James J York has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. James J York has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
This dr cares nothing about you just padding his on wallet. Do yourself a big favor and find someone else. I got an injection and when he gave me the shot to numb me before jamming a needle into my spine he gave no time for it to numb jamming it into me causing me a lot of pain. He just wanted to move on to the next one your only a number to him for him to bill your insurance. The few good reviews he does have must be from him or staff trying to offset all his terrible reviews he has. Go see someone that actually want to help you not his bank own account .
All he wants is to sell injections no matter that they don`t help and make the pain worse. He has nice bed side manner but it lures you into a false sense of trust while he forces the next set of painful experimental procedures that don't do anything except make the pain so much worse. He has his patience over a barrel YOU have to comply with what ever they want you to do( even when he has told you that you will not get better) or they will not give you the medications you need. There is no telling what the long term effect these painful experimental procedures will do.
Dr. York took care of me for both my cataract surgeries. He proved to be knowledgeable about a rare spine condition I have plus severe degenerative disc disease from neck to tailbone. He made very sure I was comfortable during both procedures, not over sedated but not feeling my spine while lying so long. Have not seen him as a pain doctor but he would be the only doctor I would consider for pain management with a rare spine condition.
Dr. York is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. James J York accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James J York is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Antioch, TN.