Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James F Zumstein has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Zumstein is # 1 in my book. He has been my primary doctor for more than 20 years since he first be can his practice. He has saved my life, without a doubt. If he has any question he will refer you to a specialist without any problem of a super ego unlike some doctors today. I find that very reassuring. Dr. Z's staff are great and will help the patient anyway they can. The office is comfortable and clean. Dr. Z spends time with each patient answering all questions with quality pt. care the utmost goal. And promptness? If there is a wait, it is due to a prior patient needing a little extra time... it might be me. Who can argue with that?
My grandfather sees Dr. Zumstein, not only is the wait time way too long, like over an hour, and most of the time there is only one or two patients, the staff is very rude! I don't believe I have had one pleaseant experience at this office. He never answers any questions and it just seems like he doesn't care. My grandfather is elderly and to me it just seems as if they have given up and are tired of seeing him. Also you can forget getting a call back if you ever need one, and if a pharmacy calls for refill authorizations most of the time I have to call them myself and then go up there before they even send the authorization. I would never recommend this office to anyone!
Dr Zumstein is very thorough and will actually sit and LISTEN to you and he will send you for test if he just cant figure out what is going on with you and then if its something he feels will be better helped through a specialist he will recommend you.I give him the highest recommendation.very helpful and sweet staff who are there to answer any questions and great ease in making appointments.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
The Medical Center
Dr. James F Zumstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames F Zumstein Md Llc, 1810 Stadium Dr Ste 230, Phenix City, AL
Dr. James F Zumstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phenix City, AL.