Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jami L Shepard has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jami L Shepard has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Urinary Incontinence
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Dr. Jami L Shepard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I'm a neonatal nurse at the U and I am still planning to go to Jami for obsetrics and deliver at Mercy which is saying a lot for me. She is very friendly and remembers concerns from past appointments even when I haven't been there in over a year. I've been to six or seven OBs over the years before and I feel the most comfortable with her.
I have seen Jami for two of my pregnancies now. She treats her patients with kindness and speaks to them in terms they can actually understand! I can see her out in public and she actually knows who I am and my children's names, you are not just another face to her! She is very understanding when it comes to your concerns and she always follows up with you! If you want a doctor that you actually feels cares about you and your well being she is the ONE!!!
The check-in staff was curt. I waited for 45 minutes before I was taken to a room and 15 more minutes before I was seen. I was given a top but no drape for my bottom half. The nurse barely spoke to me. Dr Shepard's bedside manner seemed tactless and left much to be desired. Gave me inaccurate general/basic gynecologic information. She sent me for an ultrasound and failed to tell me it would be transvaginal. Then waited two weeks to give me the results that I have a large cyst that needs surgically removed. I would never go back to her.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
7 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2011
Dr. Jami L Shepard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jami L Shepard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coralville, IA.