Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jamie A Kane has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jamie A Kane has the following 8 expertise
- Nutrition Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Nutritional Support
Dr. Jamie A Kane has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jamie A Kane is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr Kane is fabulous. I finally feel like I have a handle on getting healthy and fitI am loosing weight, eating right and feeling fantastic.. I have tried and read every thing about health diet and fitness and so far Dr Kane is the only one who has sorted out the truth from fads and taught me how to maximize my nutrition intake. I am less hungry yet I eat lessHe is also great for general medicine .
Dr. Kane is a rare find. He is actually a doctor with whom you can have a meaningful conversation about your overall health and he not only listens, he cares. His weight loss program is based on eating nutritionally sound meals and not some gimmicky points or potions or programs. You have to be willing to learn and experiment with what works for you and not expect miracles. Also, he monitors what you eat and all other medical issues you may have and continues to educate you each time you see him. He has a very sound approach to eating properly and good nutrition and it's worked for me - I lost 30 pounds working with him and that does not include exercise because I have other chronic illnesses to contend with that preclude vigorous excercise.
First, let me say that Dr. Kane is a really nice man and a great listener. Unfortunately, he has no weight loss plan. Over the course of several weeks the most I was able to get out of him was, eat lean protien and quinoa and try to do one day a week without meat. There are no recipes or portion guides or anything to learn from. I could have gotten all the same advice he gave me from any of the fashion magazines in his waiting room.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Jamie A Kane accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jamie A Kane in this video.
Dr. Jamie A Kane is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syosset, NY.