Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jamil Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jamil Ahmed has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
Dr. Jamil Ahmed has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jamil Ahmed is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I am 69 years old, and have an awful lot of experience with the medical profession; much of which has been truly "awful". Some of my experiences have been good, and this experience was exceptionally good-as good as any, better than almost any other in my life.The environment of this office is comfortable and welcoming. The staff could not be more friendly and efficient.I waited for nothing, but everything was at my pace-no rushing.Dr. Ahmed and his staff made it clear they were here for me, as opposed to the other way around, as is so often the case with doctors these days, especially in this city. They solicited my questions and concerns first, and made sure I understood their replies.They are of a mind to serve the patient in every way. Instead of issuing instructions, they seek out the patient's preferences where decisions are to be made.I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed and his staff.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Sir Salimullah Medical College
Graduated in 1990
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Dr. Jamil Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAKDHC, 2292 W Magee Rd Ste 150, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Jamil Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.