Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Jamil Mohsin
Jamil Mohsin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tomball, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology and Nuclear Cardiology. Jamil Mohsin is affiliated with Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center, St Luke's Episcopal Hospital and Tomball Regional Hospital. Jamil Mohsin has received 2 awards. He speaks Spanish and Tagalog.
Jamil Mohsin has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Jamil Mohsin has the following 21 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Lipid Disorders
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Jamil Mohsin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Jamil Mohsin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Mohsin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Tomball Regional Hospital
The Methodist Hospital
Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
19 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Jamil Mohsin, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Tomball, TX, in this video.
Jamil Mohsin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tomball, TX.