Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jamon R Pruitt MD
Dr. Jamon R Pruitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, AR, with another office in Bentonville, AR. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Jamon R Pruitt has 2 locations
3211 N Northhills Blvd
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Book Online Now
Dr. Jamon R Pruitt has the following 3 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jamon R Pruitt has the following 5 expertise
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Jamon R Pruitt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jamon R Pruitt - Posted on December 24th, 2018
Above and Beyond!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jamon R Pruitt - Posted on August 23rd, 2018
Dr. Pruitt is both knowledgeable and caring. He has a great sense of humor that lightens up some scary times when you are worried about a heart condition. My mother is his patient and when she had to receive care in a hospital in another city, Dr. Pruitt and his office went above and beyond to make sure she received the proper care by providing her history and weighing in the proper course of TX. When the other facility wanted a different course of TX that would not have been beneficial, Dr. Pruitt and his staff assisted in getting her safely transported to where Dr. Pruitt could treat her.
BEST DOCTOR EVER-GIFTED HEART DOCTOR!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jamon R Pruitt - Posted on June 5th, 2012
Really cannot say enough about this man!! he is the Best doctor ever!! Extreamly gifted as a heart doctor, He is excellent in getting right to the problem & explaining eveything to you-all options & treatments & procedures from start to finish!! he REALLY CARES!!! cannot ever say enough or put into words how great he has been!! The man is a life saver!! You should consider yourself or a loved one very fortunate if he is your heart doctor!
27 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine
Dr. Jamon R Pruitt Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jamon R Pruitt, MD - Cardiology in Fayetteville, AR, in this video.
Dr. Jamon R Pruitt is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fayetteville, AR.