Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jamshid Maddahi has the following 2 specialties
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Exercise Stress Test
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Failure
- Pathologic Constriction
- Heart Diseases
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Unstable Angina
- Chest Pain
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Shortness of Breath
- Myocardial Infarction
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Maddahi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Jamshid Maddahi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJules Stein Eye Institute, 100 Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Jamshid Maddahi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.