Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jamshyd D Karlin has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Jamshyd D Karlin has the following 9 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
Dr. Jamshyd D Karlin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
I needed cataract surgery. I wanted basic, medicare approved surgery as everyone I know has had to wear glasses after surgery anyway. I was badgered to purchase upgrades. They are only interested in selling "extras" not patients well-being. They made promises using his 'special machine' to diagnose more accurately. Aide Rachel talks medicare patients out of basic procedure they request with unrealistic results using his $400 per eye 'special machine' to diagnose. For astigmatism patients who don't purchase the thousands of dollar lenses she pushes a procedure by the doctor to help an enormous amount for $800 per eye. She is a hard sell, used car salesman. After the 'sell' they explain nothing further, not the fact patient is awake throughout the surgery or at the surgery center of which the doctor is an owner the patient must get an implant card after surgery for their records (which they failed to do for my 1st eye but I found out about it by accident when they gave me the card after the 2nd). At a routine eye appointment they charge you up front $50 for a prescription even if you do not require one as I did not, I was having cataract surgery . They told me I would get my money back but at the desk Rachel said they can't refund on their credit card machine so I have a credit on my account. They still have my $50, they did not deduct it from "extras" I was talked into paying which I am trying to get back as my sight is blurry, I can't watch TV as I did before the surgery. The doctor now said I need Lasik surgery! I guess his 'special machine' isn't so special. One telling question sticks out , wouldn't a reputable doctor want the best results for all their patients and not only the ones who pay extra for his 'special machine'? I am currently seeking a resolve to my poor eyesight. If you are reading this you have been warned, I wish I was.
I'm a 40 year old male who just realized I need glasses, so after a recommendation from Dr. Caleb Hirsch (my great Doctor of 17 years) I went to see Dr. Karlin. I never waited more than 15 minutes in both times I was there which was on a Thursday at 2pm and a Monday at 8:45am, everyone there was very nice, very professional. Dr. Karlin and his staff spent good time with me diagnosing my vision problem explained to me what I was dealing th and what what to expect from this eye disorder called "Keratoconus", I then came back for picking out my glasses , they have a very nice selection from Harley to Nautica <which i chose> and more. Very nice guy there. I was extremely happy with my entire first experience getting glasses, and will defiantly be back for adjustments, new glasses,eye exams etc..... Very happy patient Right here!
Dr. Karlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1973
New York Medical College
Dr. Jamshyd D Karlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Valley Eye Center, 7301 Medical Center Dr Ste 410, West Hills, CA
Dr. Jamshyd D Karlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hills, CA.