Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jan Bachowski has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jan Bachowski has the following 3 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Smoking Cessation
Showing 5 of 38
You will not find a better doctor. Dr. B is personable, empathetic, he listens, very professional and also just a Great guy! When you meet with him he takes the time to listen and discuss your health issues. You are his entire focus while you are with him and he identifies ways to help you improve your health and well being!!!! He is truly the BEST!!!
He is really the best. He's super positive, informative, and I always leave his office feeling calm. Also, if you know what you need, his staff is very good with getting you a prescription. I KNEW I had a UTI once on a Friday and he wrote me a script but also asked me to leave a urine sample. I picked up the script, started my dose, and he called me on Monday reaffirming my infection and to check up on me.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Bachowski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
American University of the Caribbean
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions11125 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD
Dr. Jan Bachowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.