Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jan Kulhanek
Dr. Jan Kulhanek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology. Dr. Kulhanek is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Palomar Medical Center Poway. He speaks English.
Dr. Jan Kulhanek has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Jan Kulhanek has the following 6 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
Dr. Jan Kulhanek has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Kulhanek is detailed and analytical ,he is also very pleasant and it is easy to convey to him one's medical problem. Dr. Kulahnek made a detailed analysis of my chest pain which I had for about one and half years. He performed all necessary tests for a detailed conclusion of my chest problem. He then over a period of time provided the necessary medication to alleviate my problem. I highly recommend Dr. Kulahnek for cardiovascular needs.
My husband is unusually young for his condition so when he was first diagnosed in the hospital we knew very little and had a lot of questions. Dr. Kulhanek was kind, thorough and patient in answering all of our questions and very sympathetic to our situation. Now that my husband is out of the hospital and sees Dr. Kulhanek on a regular basis he continues to demonstrate his caring and spend as much time as required to answer our questions. Additionally, on occasion we have asked him to contact a 3rd family member, a retired doctor, to answer their questions which to our pleasant surprise he did agreeably and promptly. He has also been very supportive and proactive in making sure the other doctors, technicians, physical therapists and insurance company involved with my husband's care provide prompt and appropriate support and service. I am sorry for all who suffer from conditions which requires a cardiologist's care however be confident that if Dr. Kulhanek is your doctor you are in good hands.
I had a heart attack at midnight. Once at Scripps Hospital Encinitas, the emergency team, and Dr. Kulhanek and his team worked like mad-men. Fast... Very impressive. Dr. Kulhanek installed the stent, and my affected vessel went from 100% blocked to a fire hose. Symptomatic relief was immediate. Bottm-line, Dr. Kuhanek and his team saved my life. Enough said.
Dr. Jan (Kulhanek) was one of the youngest staff cardiologist, but his intense desire to provide his patient's with the best -individualized care was remarkable. His intellectual, studied, and kind approach to each and every patient, were exceptional qualitites- so easily forgotten, or never learned by some of the older, unapproachable cardiologist.A small bit of advice to those searching for a first, or second opinion cardiologist, "Do not fear younger cardiologists, often times, like with Dr Kulhanek, his gifted brain, energy, and sincerity may be accompanied by youth, these are natural innate characteristics-attributes that can not be learned...as these come not only from the mind, but FIRST must be engraved in one's heart & soul!"
Dr. Kulhanek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Graduated in 1994
Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union
Dr. Jan Kulhanek accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jan Kulhanek in this video.
Dr. Jan Kulhanek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.