Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jan J Penkala has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jan J Penkala has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Dr. Jan J Penkala has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jan J Penkala is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr.Penkala has been my OBGYN for 23 years. He has delivered 3 out of my four children. all my pregnancy birth were fabulous he comes across very serious but gets the job done he has times where he needs to be serious after all I would want him to be. I've also had two surgeries with him and both times he was fabulous the office staff are fantastic robin is my favorite.they are very attentive when you call with a problem they call you back or Dr Penkala calls back.Waiting in the waiting room I always tried to think of one day I might be the reason the office is running late so I tried to be compassionate in regards to other people after all we all know when your in labor your in labor...
The office staff needs to learn a little customer service skills. If they know its going to be a long wait, don't let a patient sit there for 45 minutes and then say "well the doctor isn't here and we don't know when he will be back". I was also told my due date wrong twice!! Dr. Penkala has little patience and understanding for first time mothers. When i would ask questions his answers would be short. He had made me feel that calling him would be an inconvenience. The staff member Robin is sweet, knowledgeable and great with patients. And Ann, the nurse practitioner, is so thorough with every visit. I call her my encyclopedia. Wish i didnt feel rushed during every prenatal visit, as I would use this office again.
Not a very good bedside mannerLikes to rush through appointmentsCan be rude at timesOffice staff very rude,Never organized,Appointment is never on time!
Do not I repeat., do not see this Dr. I had the happy experience, or what should have been, with my good Friend. As soon as he walked in he didn't even greet her. Belittled her for gaining a few pounds during the week in her pregnancy , didn't even greet me or look my way. I've heard sooooo many stories or his rude, arrogant bed side manner, two stories of one patient dyin in his care and one misdiagnosed. He needs to be reviewed and have his license taken away. He is a miserable human being, and NO one should have the misfourtune of having to be in his care.
Women And Infants Hospital
Dr. Jan J Penkala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBlackstone Valley Ob/Gyn Inc, 6 Blackstone Valley Pl Ste 501, Lincoln, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jan J Penkala in this video.
Dr. Jan J Penkala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln, RI.