Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jan V Silverman DO
Dr. Jan V Silverman, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Sterling Heights, MI, with other offices in Southfield, MI and Southfield, MI . She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Silverman is affiliated with Henry Ford Macomb and Mclaren Macomb Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Jan V Silverman has 3 locations
5280 Metropolitan Pkwy
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
27209 Lahser Rd Ste 120
Southfield, MI 48034
Book Online Now
Dr. Jan V Silverman has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jan V Silverman has the following 8 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Jan V Silverman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jan V Silverman - Posted on May 2nd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jan V Silverman - Posted on May 20th, 2013
I've been under Dr. Silverman's care for about 6 months or more. She has excellent patient-doctor interaction skills, always asks a lot of questions about the medical condition you are seeing her for. It is easy to get an appointment with her and 95% of the time you don't have to wait more than a few minutes to see her at your appointment time. Dr. Silveman is a caring, enthusiastic, emphathetic, and warm doctor that I would recommend to anyone with chronic bacterial infections, viruses, etc.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jan V Silverman - Posted on March 26th, 2013
Dr. Silverman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Wayne State University
Dr. Jan V Silverman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jan V Silverman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sterling Heights, MI.