Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jan D Zieren has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jan D Zieren has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jan D Zieren has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I've always been to MDs, so I was a bit hesitant to switch to a DO when my former family doc retired, but a friend convinced me to give Dr. Z a try, and I'm so thankful she did. On my very first appointment with her, Dr. Z diagnosed a thyroid condition that my former doc had blown off for at least 7 years. (After Dr. Z diagnosed me, I contacted the other doctor's office to get copies of my records, and sure enough there were abnormal test results in there dating back at least 7 years that he had never mentioned.)Given some particular circumstances I had, Dr. Z thought thyroid removal surgery would be my best option. I'm so glad I listened to her. My thyroid was removed 10 months ago, and my health has improved 1000%. I've also lost 55 pounds - my diet has always been pretty healthy, but no matter how hard I tried, it always took a crazy amount of effort to lose the weight and it would always come right back. Since my surgery, for the first time in my life (36 years), what the scale says matches with what I eat and how much I exercise.Sometimes there's a wait when you get to the office, but Dr. Z is well worth it. Also, she's the only doctor I've ever been to who offers Saturday appointments.
Dr. Z takes care of me the way I feel a doctor should. Compassionate understanding and accurate diagnosis.... I'm pleased...
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLincoln Memorial University, 6965 Cumberland Gap Pkwy, Harrogate, TN
Dr. Jan D Zieren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrogate, TN.