Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jana M Galan
Dr. Jana M Galan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glen Cove, NY, with another office in New Hyde Park, NY. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Galan is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital. Dr. Galan has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jana M Galan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jana M Galan has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jana M Galan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 8
RE; Dr. Jana Galan
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jana M Galan - Posted on November 11th, 2013
She is never on time. She spends more time talking to her student dr's more than she does the patient. She has the worst bed side manner she comes off nasty, like she doesn't want to be bothered. She imitates the pain your in and makes fun of you. I would never let her handle any one in my family ever again. Doctor's are suppose to listen to their patients. She is always on vacation. She lies and says things she shouldn't even if she really hurts the patient. Which she did only to get rid of me as a patient. Do not use this doctor!!!!
Dr. Galan is unique
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jana M Galan - Posted on June 25th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jana M Galan - Posted on October 25th, 2009
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Galan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Masarykova Univerzita V Brno
Graduated in 1989
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Jana M Galan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jana M Galan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Glen Cove, NY.