Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jane Alissandratos
Dr. Jane Alissandratos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with another office in Cordova, TN. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Alissandratos is affiliated with Regional Medical Center At Memphis, Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis and Saint Francis Hospital - Bartlett. Dr. Alissandratos has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jane Alissandratos has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Jane Alissandratos has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Jane Alissandratos is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 12
Dr. Jane Alissantratos retired many years ago and no longer actively practices medicine. The appointment scheduling lady, Margo, is still there, however. I called Margo about 2 months ago for an appointment with another physician in the clinic. Now - 2 months later - Margo still has never returned my call. She never was quick to return calls in the first place --- but still to not call me back after 2 months? That is inexcusable for any physician's office.
I had seen opthomologist, neurologists,endocrinologist, hematologists, and yes even a paychologist before I saw a rheumatologist and she diagnosed me with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome after our first visit and lab work was done. Thank you for believing that I was not crazy and finding out what was wrong with me!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alissandratos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Regional Medical Center At Memphis
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
Saint Francis Hospital - Bartlett
Nea Medical Center
Nea Medical Center
34 Years Experience
University of Tennessee
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jane Alissandratos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.