Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jane E Blumenthal
Dr. Jane E Blumenthal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Blumenthal is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Dr. Blumenthal has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jane E Blumenthal has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jane E Blumenthal has the following 15 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Menstrual Pain
- Uterine Prolapse
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exam
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
Dr. Jane E Blumenthal has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jane E Blumenthal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Awful doctor. Not only does she have awful engaging skills with human beings but she doesnât offer any kind of information to help you! Initially came to her because she is âsupposedlyâ an expert on menopause. But she has ZERO helpful information. Have to pull teeth and ask her questions otherwise she does not offer ANY solutions! Sheâs also not knowledgeable on any kind of nutritional supplements that might help menopause either. Narrow scope in her knowledge. Very shocking for a doctor who is suppose to be an expert in menopause! Sheâs not an expert. False advertising. Also awful is that she rushes you out of her office. So what is the point of going to her? She just wants to charge you for a visit â without helping you ! Clearly this âdoctorâ is in the wrong field â shouldnât even be a doctor as you can tell she does NOT enjoy the process. She does not engage in any helpful communication â just rushes you out of her office. Awful. I know more about menopause from reading and trying my own regimen â than going to see her. This doctor is a waste of your time and money. My message to her would be â âquit your practice and go find another career because you obviously donât enjoy treating people. Or go volunteer for a while in the middle east or Africa and gain some humanism skills.â
Dr Blumenthal might not be the best when it comes to a good bedside manner that you would think a doctor should have while working with patients. I had surgery for my fibroids back in 2010 and shortly after my fibroids returned. Dr. Blumenthal seemed to be uncomfortable with any religious belifefs that differ from her own, so I would advise any new patients looking for a highly skilled doctor that knows how to accomidate diverse patients to look elsewhere. It seems that her personal beliefs interfere with her quality of patient care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Blumenthal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1988
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Jane E Blumenthal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGynecologic Specialists Of Northwestern Sc, 680 N Lake Shore Dr Ste 117, Chicago, IL
Dr. Jane E Blumenthal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.