Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jane A Ammons has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Ammons was suspicious every time I needed to renew my prescription for anxiety medication and made me feel bad that I needed to take something, even though I maintained the same dosage and time in between refills. She made it very difficult to travel or be out of town for any reason when it was time to refill, because she would imply I was abusing the medication if I need to refill early when going on vacation.. When I switched doctors, staff threatened me that I left, Dr. Ammons would not take me back. I would not go back or recommend others to start seeing Dr. Ammons.
The first time I saw her, she had her back to me and was writing. She did turn around and looked at me and said "well, you don't look depressed". I called her on it a few visits later and she admitted that she remembers saying that to someone else and he got up and almost hit her. One would think that after that she would not have commented on that to anyone else. She rarely looks you in the eye and gets upset when you question her. She asked me what kind of medication that I wanted on. I told her that she was the doctor and shouldn't she be telling me that. I will be looking for another doctor.
She owns her own practice. So she went from very educated and knowledgeable to all about the money. How many patients see can see, promptness, in and out . Basically If you plan on her getting to know you besides ' strict to the the basics' plan elsewhere. I have been in her office for the last 10 years, I saw a nurse Practioner ,Scott ( after Ammons dropped me off to him ) , who I did indeed like a lot. She will not go the extra mile for her patients. She rushed my mom in and out and then charged her extra money for not paying at the time of the visit? Any possible way she can get you an extra appointment so she can charge she will. Doctors who care for people in this environment should be a little more empathetic. It's people's livelihood and sanity at stake. I truly feel as if she has put in a lot of time into her career, and at one time was a very good doctor but now has forgotten the reason she became a psychiatrist.
Dr Ammons spends very little time with her patients. She rushs the appointment. She does not seem to genuinely care about her patients or is interested in what they are saying. She asks a questions and expects a quick to the point answer and is not interested in hearing more. She zones out pretty quickly. She does not really seem to be interested in what is going on with you or how you are doing. She doesn't care to get to know you. She pretty much looks at her papers and writes the whole time and makes little eye contact.
27 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Jane A Ammons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJane Ammons And Associates, 1627 Henthorne Dr Ste B, Maumee, OH
Dr. Jane A Ammons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maumee, OH.