Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jane W Chien has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jane W Chien has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jane W Chien has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Jane Chien is the absolute worst example of todayâs medical profession. She is completely ignorant in dealing with the special needs of her patients and is absolutely arrogant towards family members trying to explain and steward the healthcare needs of their incapacitated relatives. Chienâs brazen lack of compassion for her patients and the supporting family is beyond all comprehension and I have never encountered this level of callousness from any other practicing Physician. Chien is no longer tending our familyâs healthcare needs. I made this decision for numerous reasons, but the last straw was due to her inability to correct my Coumadin INR levels after four months of repeated testing with only sporadic changes in the medication dosage. I went to the Heart Associates Coumadin Clinic and they had my INR levels back into a normal range in just five days and have kept it under control ever since. Is Chien incompetent or just uninterested in her patientâs welfare? You decide, either way, it is the patient who suffers the consequences.
These negative comments are true.Dr. Chien has been my doctor for a few years only because others recommened by my previous physician were not taking new patients. I feel she doesn't even know who I am. I asked her if she would know who I was when I got older and really needed her. Her reply, "Now I will". The staff has changed recently. But her former assistant Charlene was very helpful. Dr. Chien pays more attention to her computer than patients. I have never seen her smile.
- Stanford University School Of Medicine
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Dr. Jane W Chien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSamaritan Internal Medicine, 2410 Samaritan Dr Ste 201, San Jose, CA
Dr. Jane W Chien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.