Dr. Jane Cottingham Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Jane Cottingham?

do NOT recommend

Posted on July 23rd, 2015

Very short and to the point, which is refreshing from all the doc-lingo these days, but so short, it's often perceived as rude. Was my doctor for 13 years + 3 babies. Whenever I've called with a concern or emergency, she's only ever wanted me to see her, never her colleagues - even if that means not getting seen or scheduled for 3 days! I recently switched and don't regret it one bit. Avoid it at all possible. Her nurses are just as bad as her - rude, condescending and make you feel as though you've wasted their time.

Avoid.

Posted on November 30th, 2014

Dr. Cottingham delivered both of my sons. I was young with both and had no idea there was better out there. With my oldest, she never bothered to monitor or estimate his growth which wound up with me delivering a 9lb5oz baby at 18 years old. I pushed for 3 hours straight, tore top and bottom, required over 30 stitches, wound up with a postpartum abscess of my perennial tissues, and after 3 hours of pushing, She wound up yanking my son out of the birth canal with the plunger and left a massive abrasion on his head. (2" in diameter) Which she blamed on my vagina. It looked as though someone scrubbed a cheese grater on his baby skin. :( Highly doubt my vagina did that... Second pregnancy was no better. Never monitored the growth of the baby, Luckily he was about a lb lighter and easier for me to deliver. All in all, I never felt comfortable around her. She is quite abrasive in bedside manner, and I felt very much as though she was judging me for being a young mother. I dont remember her ever smiling at me or being warm at all. The way she handled my deliveries was very in and out, and to be honest, I have told everyone to avoid her for the last 10 years. Never again. I am pregnant now, and I will not even go back to West Michigan OBGYN because they employ such a shoddy Obstetrician.

Posted on February 11th, 2012

I don't recomend her at all, she doesn't listen to you,she don't care about her patients.

Ummmm

Posted on June 13th, 2011

This is my first pregnancy and I had no idea what to expect at any point. It seemed most appointments I waited an hour to get in and she was in and out in five minutes and I felt no more informed than before I had the appointment.

Posted on November 26th, 2009

Treated me with respect, answered all my questions, took the time needed to make sure all my concerns was addressed.

Ex-military doctor

Posted on October 28th, 2009

She seemed a bit rough and very concervative, neither of which I appreciated striving to have my first pregnancy and delivery natural way. Plan to change to another doctor.

horrible

Posted on August 25th, 2009

doesn't listen to anything you have to say. talks over you. just like every other doctor. when will doctors start caring about their patients?

Posted on October 18th, 2017