Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jane L Dawson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jane L Dawson has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Jane L Dawson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jane L Dawson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have chosen Dr. Dawson as my OB for all three of my pregnancies. In each, she has done an outstanding job meeting my wishes, explaining each and every test/result, and has given me the time and opportunity I desired to answer any and every question I've had. I feel that she treats me like a person, not just a patient. There were a few cases where I declined testing or vaccinations on myself, and she was accepting of my decision, only stating that as a Physician she must state what the negatives could be. She is a very educated doctor that works for her patients, and for that I continue to seek her out as my OB/GYN.
Dr. Dawson is an incredibly intelligent doctor, but unfortunately, does not do a great job listening to her patient. I am a first time mother and I often got the feeling that she just assumed I was ignorant about everything pregnancy related. At two separate appointments, I refused a completely optional test. I had educated myself about this particular procedure and just did not feel it was necessary for the success of my pregnancy. Dr. Dawson kept asking me over and over what my decision was, when I had made my choice very clear. She then used scare tactics to try to talk me into doing the test (the quickest way to get a new mom to agree to something is to make her feel as if her baby is threatened!). Even after I told her I was not interested, she still told the nurse I was uncertain and to order the test anyway! This was after they ran a whole gamut of unnecessary tests without informing me of everything they were doing with the samples I had provided at my first appointment. Use Dr. Dawson if you do not want to feel in control of your own pregnancy.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Jane L Dawson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Francis Hospital And Health Services, 2016 S Main St, Maryville, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jane L Dawson in this video.
Dr. Jane L Dawson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maryville, MO.