Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt
Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Vascular Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Eggerstedt is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health. She speaks English.
Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt has the following 5 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Eggerstedt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRyan Head MD, 1501 Kings Hwy, Shreveport, LA
Dr. Jane M Eggerstedt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.