Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jane F Recant has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I was very put off by Dr. Recant who was very short with me during our phone conversation regarding a surgery I was having the next day. When she asked if I take any medications I had disclosed that I'm prescribed adderall for my severe ADD and when I inquired about whether my high blood pressure would be a potential issue with the anesthesia she abruptly shot back "then maybe you shouldn't be taking adderall." This was very out of line as she was clearly insinuating I don't need it when she has no knowledge of my medical history nor my need for the medication which my actual doctor has prescribed to me and monitors me monthly for. When I responded that before I had ever been on Adderall my doctor mentioned my blood pressure being higher than normal she once again interrupted me to say "then why would you take adderall knowing you have high blood pressure?" Again, not the way she should have responded to me as her patient, nor her business. She was very rude and spoke to me in a condescending way that was certainly not appreciated. On the day of my surgery (mind you I have never once undergone a procedure of any kind so I was extremely nervous) I was not even fully on the bed before she snapped at me and said "well we clearly can't perform the surgery with your gown on can we?" Again, this could have been handled much differently. I feel as though she could have gone about our phone conversation and in person contact much differently and while my actual surgeon was wonderful, I would think twice about having any procedure done with Dr. Recant as the anesthesiologist.
Dr. Recant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1987
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Jane F Recant accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jane F Recant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.