Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Jane E Tuvia
Jane E Tuvia is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She speaks English.
Showing 5 of 13
My friend has been a patient of Dr. Jane Tuvia for years. I woke up one morning with a new mass in my breast, obviously freaked out. My friend encouraged me to see Dr. Tuvia. Her office manager, Terry, was so understanding and got me in that morning, even though I had to wait a drop. She diagnosed the problem, and I left so relieved. (no cancer :)! She is compassionate professional, very pleasant, and a wonderful doctor, alleviating all my fears. The best in New York!I will recommend her to everyone!!!
I would NOT advise any woman to go to dr. Jane Tuvia. Not only did she miss a fibroid cyst that i repeatedly told her was hurting me during my sonogram but she found it necessary to show me a mammogram of someone whose scattered calcifications turned into cancer. She continuously reccommends MRI's of the breast under the guise of one's peace of mind, which would not be an issue if she wasn't such an alarmest. I also felt she wanted to repeat tests for the revenue it would bring to her office.
The reason I give a poor review of Dr. Tuvia is because she pushed me into an expensive and totally unnecessary procedure. I told her I wanted to wait 6 months, but she actually called me more than once at home to push me to do the procedure. I felt harassed and forced. And scared that I was making a mistake to wait. I have since seen three other doctors who have said they would not have done it and it was not necessary. Doctors like Tuvia are the reason healthcare is so expensive in this country: she just wanted to use her expensive machine and it cost me $2,000 for which I was not reimbursed. Go elsewhere!
I found Dr. Tuvia's "caring" and "compassionate" manner a little too emotional for my taste. I just want the results, please, not sugar coated and without the manufactured sympathy. About 3 years ago I stopped seeing Dr. Tuvia but kept seeing another doctor in her practice. The reason I stopped seeing Dr. Tuvia was because she did a painful needle biopy on my left breast - moving the needs in and out, and around while inserted. It was excruciating and I finally made her stop. She wrote on the results, "Patient unable to tolerate procedure". I decided then never to see her again. The other doctor in her practice, as well as the rest of the medical staff there, was kind and compassionate. I was never subjected to such a procedure again - no one even recommded it. Since that time my lump disappeared on its own. Unfortunately that doctor left and I started to check on Dr. Tuvia's ratings again. In speaking with her office staff I encountered enough red tape updating my file (my last visit was a year and a half ago) that I gave up and now I am looking elsewhere.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions345 E 37th St, New York, NY
Jane E Tuvia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.