Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jane Z Wachs has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jane Z Wachs has the following 9 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Jane Z Wachs is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I saw Dr. Wachs at Westmed in Yonkers. I was pleased with her bed side manner I know bedside manner because I have seen many doctor in the 25 years since I was diagnosed with RA. she I discussed my medication regime and tests that i needed to get done. She examined me and when she was finished.We went back to her office and she updated my prescriptions. She informed that she will like to see me in 8 weeks. In my opinion Dr. Wachs appears to be the type of person that is straight forward Dr.
was recommended to go back to dr. wachs who i had seen about a year ago....it is a shame as a member of her family also a doctor was superlative in treatment, follow up and approach...apparently it stopped there...i felt the visit was a waste of time.....differential diagnoses seem to allude her...i wish her well but would not return am going to another rheumatologist
Went to see Dr Wachs will never go back she's very rude didn't really listen to my complains after interview she really wasn't interested in other complaints I had about my issues she said I didn't need blood work because another DR in Westmed took it 3 years ago & it was positive things change in 3 years how u diagnose someone by just touching her joints? Don't bother to go to this DR
If you can avoid going to this doctor. I would recommend it. I confirmed my appointment 3 hours before to only arrive on time to be told me appointment was earlier. After the front desk staff felt bad for me, the dr. Agreed to see me. I waited another 30 min even though I was told she wouldn't be able to see me because she had to catch a flight, for her to come in, tell me I missed my appointment, and then ask what she could do for me since it was only going to be a short visit because I was late (her staff told me the wrong time). I am in the health care profession, had to move surgeries to make my appointment to get treated like that. In fact avoid WESTMED all together. They are getting too large of them to handle. There are a few exceptions for those doctors who still actually care about pts. Select another dr. Even though they are booking out later, it should be a sign that the good ones are worth the wait.
Dr. Wachs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Jane Z Wachs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jane Z Wachs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yonkers, NY.