Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janel D Lloyd has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
She blew off my concerns re: a sick visit of a child of mine. Rolled her eyes when I asked why no vitals at ALL were taken on an asthmatic kid with a cough and heart rates in the 120's, without Albuterol. "Oh, kids run around with HR's that high". My child ended up in the pulmonologists office the next day with low oxygen sats and multiple nebulizer treatments. She was almost reported to the board for her negligent, dismissive behavior. 2 of her partners (the other females) are spot on with diagnoses at sick visits....but I hope no one ever allows Lloyd to touch their children for more than a well check.
I was in for a sick visit for a child with asthma with a cough. No vitals at all were taken. When I asked to check a temperature, she rolled her eyes. When I asked why vitals were not checked "Oh, we take the word of the parents". My child had a RESTING heart rate in the 120's. The next day, her oxygen level was 92% (in the pulmonologist office). Her lax approach re: my concern about no vitals, eye rolling at asking for a temp, and her response about why vitals were not taken, were at best unprofessional.
25 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Dr. Janel D Lloyd accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCatalina Pediatrics Pc, 3085 N Swan Rd, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Janel D Lloyd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.