More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Janet B Alexander
Dr. Janet B Alexander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. Her specialties include Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Janet B Alexander has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Janet B Alexander has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Janet B Alexander is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 5
Dr. Janet came highly recommended to us with the birth of our first baby. The first time I met her, in the hospital the day after the birth, she seemed put off by our questions regarding circumcision, and lectured us in a patronizing tone about how we should have decided this by now. Over the last six years, I've found her to be very knowledgeable, but stern and harsh, and she talks down to me. I understand the need to make sure parents know the basics, and it's good for her to not make assumptions, but still, she is patronizing and even disrespectful at times. She is also impossible to get in with, unless you make an appt. months in advance. I'm switching pediatricians soon!
Dr. Alexander is just plain rude! I took my child there for several years, almost always seeing her. I didn't want to switch because of new doctor fees to see someone else. Our last appointment she attacked me saying "What kind of parent are you? Your child needs to see an eye doctor. Your child is lacking in this mile stone or that. Mind you she had been seeing my child regularly. Wasn't she paying attention at all of the other visits?
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Janet B Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS