Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet E Bernard has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
Our family saw Dr. Janet for 5 years while we lived in western Nebraska. She is a wonderful doctor! She is so sweet and caring and the nurses are wonderful. The other two doctors in the office are also excellent and we were never able to get into see someone (either Janet or one of the other two) same day when we were sick. There is a lab upstairs for blood draws and they are located right across the street from the hospital in case x-rays or further tests are needed. If we ever move back to that area we will be returning to her care.
We chose Dr. Janet our of the phone book, and boy, were we blessed! She is so very gentle and loving. We would often recieve a follow up call from the doctor herself a few days after being in her office, just to make sure that we were getting better. I can't say enough about her bedside manner. She spent plenty of time with us, and her nurse, Donna spent lots of time with us too. What a great pair of ladies! They treated my husband and I, as well as our children, our in-laws (one of whom is diabetic) and my teenage brother-in-law. She truly cares for the whole family! My father-in-law says that she's the best diabetes doctor that he's ever had, even after living in a much larger city. Dr. Janet is truly the cream of the crop when it comes to family doctors!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Janet E Bernard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medicine Associates, 500 W Leota St Ste 100, North Platte, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janet E Bernard in this video.
Dr. Janet E Bernard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Platte, NE.