Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet E White has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
She's always been prompt with getting me in if I have a special need. If I need to make a yearly appt for my med check, she always makes time. She is prompt with script renewals; Janice is her office caretaker and is very efficient (at the 99 La Cienega location. When i broke my foot in late November, she didn't see the break with her diagnostic machines, but when the pain persisted, she immediately set me up with an MRI and a podiatrist who could do further testing, which was great because they operated in a week because they thought it severe!! They said it wasn't Dr. White's fault - she just didn't have the machines to see that kind of break, but thanks to her, I got to the right doctors. And she's always sent me off to others when she didn't think she had the right equipment or means to diagnose me properly, for which I thank her profusely. She even diagnosed me with an over-reliance on nose-sprays when my tongue started bleeding. Go figure! Coming down off over-dependence of those was NOT fun, even though I thought I was being careful and using night-time formuae; they've still got that powerful drug. I trust her implicity, and she communicates well with my other doctors.
Dr. White is great. I don't know if they just under staff, but most of the time expect to leave a message. And don't be surprise if the front desk or nurse doesn't call u back. I always leave multiple messages in order for them to call back. Though I really like Dr. White, I am considering finding another dr., thinking it's not worth the frustration!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. White is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1992
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Janet E White accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJacob Mehran Tsadok MD, 8631 W 3rd St Ste 1140E, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Janet E White is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.