Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet P Fermin has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 12
My son was ill and I dreaded the thought of having to call the office for an appointment at the last minute. All I can say is WOW! Called the office @ 9:33 and was given a same day appointment by 10:45. Some offices you call and will have to wait a few days or be told to go to urgent care. I have always had success in getting in. Dr. Fermin and Dr. Mahfoud will treat your children like they do their own. They are so very caring and so gentle. they will call you with lab results and explain the results in a way that you can understand. The staff is just awesome. The front office girl always greets you with a smile. Even getting a referral to a specialist is seemless. Some places you have to constantly follow up and seem to have to wait a long time. They even call you to remind you of your up coming appointment. I wish there was a way to give this office and his staff 10 stars. They make going to the doctor such a nice experience. Some offices seem to be put out when they have to deal with you and you have an HMO, but not here. Thank you Glendora Pedicatrics.. Happy Mom
I could not recommend Dr. Fermin enough. She came into my daughter's life when she was 5-months-old and was diagnosed with a kidney blockage condition. At the time Dr. Fermin was a new physician, but her care has remained consistent to today. My daughter was referred to one of the top 10 urologists in the US and her recommendation resulted in complete surgical correction of her condition. My daughter is almost 15 and we still remember the care and compassion that Dr. Fermin had for us. She personally called me at home to make sure my daughter was recovering well. Thank you, Dr. Fermin, we miss you and appreciate all you have done for our family!
We had our first child and had a horrible experience with a doctor from another medical group, so we decided to switch doctor's. We are SO glad we found Dr. Fermin! She is by far the best Pediatrician ever! She is so friendly, caring, and really takes the time to do a thourough exam and listen to your concerns. We absolutely love her!
I can't recommend Dr. Fermin enough. She is very gentle, caring and thoughtful with her young patients. Her tact with me as a mother has always been professional, intelligent and courteous. I don't feel like she is ever talking down to me - she is instead a partner in helping to care for my children. She always calls after lab results and makes sure to follow up with the nursing staff to make sure notes and files are updated accordingly.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- Harvard Medical School
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Janet P Fermin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGlendora Pediatrics, 210 S Grand Ave Ste 202, Glendora, CA
Dr. Janet P Fermin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendora, CA.