Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet J Imp has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Janet J Imp has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Janet J Imp is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Imp is not a terrible doctor but she's not a good one either. We had been seeing her for a couple of years but decided to change after a few issues. She is a bit abrupt but more than that she doesn't take time to look beyond the surface. Things like "it's this illness" after 30 sec examination, she'll grow out of it (should have been treated then), missed small fracture. Nothing life threatening but it added up, so for us not terrible wasn't good enough.
Dr. Imp has been my kids doctors for about 8 years now. She does seem a little rude at first but she really isn't. Dr. Imp tells you things you may not want to hear. "your child is over weight, stop feeding them junk", "kids don't need soda", "it's a virus, you don't need antibiotics". That being said if you walk in there trying to tell her that you know her job better than her, you may get an attitude. However, if you let her do her job, you will find she is amazing. We have been going to her for 8 years, and she has done a great job with our kids health. One child has epilepsy and adhd and she works to make sure my daughter is on track. Personally, I love Dr. Imp and would not change doctors because I know that she will always give me the honest answer even if we don't want honest!
I would NEVER recommend this so called doctor to ANYBODY!!!! her care was the worse i have EVER experienced. In all honesty I can NOT believe that she has a license to practice pediatrics. She was terribly rude. Her online profile says that she is a "caring" doctor... What a joke that is. I will do everything in my power to make sure that she NEVER treats anyone that I know. She was rude to my son (4yrs), myself, and said (and I quote) "looks like i did my job". then she got up and walked out and never came back or anything. Somebody needs to get this taken care of before a kid truly gets hurt by her careless act of practice. Unbelievable!!!!
18 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Janet J Imp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janet J Imp in this video.
Dr. Janet J Imp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cocoa, FL.