Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet L Hoffman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Cholesterol Management
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 17
I couldn't really rate properly because I was never given the chance to see Dr. Hoffman. I called her office a week ago to see if she would accept myself and my husband as new patients, because after reading her rave reviews we decided we would try her to be our family doctor. The receptionist said she had to ask some interview type questions and then submit them to Dr. Hoffman and she would let me know if Dr. Hoffman deems us worthy to be new patients. Just a few minutes ago the receptionist calls me back and says Dr. Hoffman will not accept my husband and I as patients. I asked was there a reason why and she stated Dr. Hoffman handed her back our application and simply said no. We are in our 30's, not complaining of any problems that pill seekers would. Just high blood pressure and trying to get healthy so we can start a family. So I can't give her 5 stars, or any stars for that matter because she straight up snubbed us. I understand she has the right to refuse patients, but we are honestly good people, good jobs, home owners, and currently on no prescriptions. My husband just said he's glad, he doesn't want to see a doctor who would turn people away for no reason. He'd rather see a doctor that is committed to patients who are wanting to take charge of their health. Not the ones who pick and choose and apparently only accept the elite.
Last week was my new appointment with Dr. Hoffman. She was the sweetest person and had really good bedside manners. I was use to seeing male doctors but was convinced to see her by a friend. I had to wait about three days to get a new appointment but I was will to wait. The staff was really friendly. The doctor was very thorough and really listened. She helped me with a pain that I had seen three different doctors for. She has been the only one to properly diagnose me. Going to see this lady was the best move for my health I have ever made.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hoffman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Janet L Hoffman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJanet Hoffman Md Pc, 300 E Laurel Ave, Foley, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janet L Hoffman in this video.
Dr. Janet L Hoffman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Foley, AL.