Dr. Janet Pickthorn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Janet Pickthorn?

Horrible Office Staff/ Impossible to Get Appointment

Posted on September 4th, 2015

After over 15 years of being Dr Pickthorn's patient I can't take it anymore. Her office clerk is a beast and has consistently denied me access to Dr Pickthorn to the point that I'm finding another physician. The final straw for me is a shoulder surgery that I need to have scheduled. Her office clerk told my surgeon's office that it could take 3 months to see me for a pre- op clearance. I have zero major medical problems and this should be a 15 minute exam. She is willing to hold up my surgery for a painful rotator cuff tear by 3 months which will keep me from returning to work and jeopardize my job. This is completely unnecessary and unacceptable. She has denied me appointments in the past when another of my doctors was concerned about atypical arm pain that could have been cardiac in nature. The referring physician was astounded. She refused to see me after a car accident when the ER physician wanted me to follow up with my primary care physician. It's got to the point that I would only see Dr Pickthorn for physicals every 2 years and had to make the appointments many months in advance. I have been advised by many friends who work in healthcare to get another doctor. I would never recommend her to anyone. I can not be more clear about this. And, I am a health care professional myself. I blame myself for letting this go on, but I could go to specialists for everything I have needed. My surgeon's office was appalled at the attitude of the office clerk and suggested that I find myself a new doctor. That's exactly what I am finally doing!

Wonderful physician

Posted on May 29th, 2014

What I like best about Dr. Pickthorn is the time she is willing to spend with you. She really listens to your concerns and problems, and offers multiple choices for what you can do about them. She's very bright, and down to earth. Unfortunately she's part-time, so not always easy to get an appointment, (but not the worst for that either).

Disappointing, no help received

Posted on December 2nd, 2013

I was looking forward to seeing Dr. Pickthorn, as I've long had chronic pain and she came highly recommended as a doctor who would really try to figure things out. However, that was not my experience. Firstly, I don't know if she's still there, but the receptionist was consistently rude/cold. A few years after my appt, I met a friend who mentioned she also went there and said, "but the receptionist hates me." I said, "it's not you!" Anyway, Dr. Pickthorn listened and had no input, no ideas, and didn't offer to refer me to anyone else. If you have something like fibromyalgia, this might be a waste of time for you as it was for me.

Kind Doctor

Posted on November 14th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Pickthorn's for many years. That speaks for itself. She spends as much time as needed with each patient, and is very thorough. She even follows up with test results by phone, not relying just on the mail. Only down side is she has cut back on her hours lately so its a bit more difficult to get an appointment.

Posted on May 18th, 2017