Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet A Schaffel has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I have had Dr. Schaffel as my Gyn for 23 years. She has been an amazing Doctor. She has great knowledge and gently guides you in your pursuit of good over-all health. She does a complete job and makes sure you understand your issues. She treats the whole person, not just her specialty. She is quck to refer, if necessary, to another Doctor. I think the world of her as a Doctor and as a Person. She also delivered two of my three grandchildren, the other beng delivered by her associate, Dr. Saunders. I have followed her from her Gaithersburg office to the long drive downtown, but she is well worth the trip.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Janet A Schaffel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Ob/Gyn Physicians, 1145 19th St NW Ste 200, Washington, DC
Dr. Janet A Schaffel is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Washington, DC.