Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet R Schwartz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Janet R Schwartz has the following 8 expertise
- Women's Health
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Janet R Schwartz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
I have had nothing but bad experiences with Dr Schwartz. My first visit, she made me wait over an hour despite having an appointment. During my physical I gave a bad urine sample and she promised to call me back with the info to get it checked out further. She called me back over 3 months later! I told her I was feeling fine and did not feel the need to see another doctor. Additionally, I feel that she is only out to make money because she gave me several specialty referrals for a nutritionist, pathologist, etc. I received several bills from her despite having insurance coverage for a bunch of things I never even requested! I got a letter in the mail from a collector for $65.00 from her sending my samples to be tested. I just had a standard physical and I am stuck with hundreds of dollars of debt. I am never going back here again.
Waited over an hour for my appointment. This "doctor" is the most rude individual I've ever met in this profession! She was arrogant, insulting and all around rude. She belittled and mocked me. It seems time for this woman to retire! I will never spend another moment with "Dr. Schwartz". There are too many caring and knowledgable doctors in our area to put up with this type of substandard behavior.
Dr. Schwartz does not seem to want to get to 'know' you as a patient but instead tell you what she thinks you need to do rather than listening to what is ailing you. I went in for a basic physical women's exam (first time) and that is all. She requested that a breathing test be done (without warning of the cost) and for some reason stresses that I should look into Accutane...(this is when I should've left). What? I stressed to her that I did not believe it was safe nor did I need something THAT bad--she dismissed what I said and tried to enforce that she was right it was safe...cmon. Anyway just received a bill for over 400 for a womens exam... she just tries to keep you there to over charge you for services you don't need!!! beware.
She is rude, disrespectful and a has become a witch. IF you are interested in alternatives to traditional medical approaches don't expect her to be open. I would absolutely NOT recommend you see this doctor. Her Nurse Practitioner misdiagnosed an issue and failed to request the correct blood work. When asked about it she just dismissed it.
Dr. Schwartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Janet R Schwartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Janet R Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.