Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet E Taylor has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Taylor is a wonderful Doctor. Although I have met her outside the office, I could immediately see that she was a caring individual who listened to my needs when I was having a problem. In fact, SHE WENT OUT OF HER WAY FOR ME!!! I will NEVER forget the kindness she showed me during our encounter. Another Doctor would have just blown me off, but not her. I am honorned to have met her and anyone considering making her their Doctor I say "KUDOS"
Although I have never been a "patient" of Dr. Taylor's at her office, I have met her outside of the workplace. She was the kindest, most caring, compassionate doctor I have ever met. Actually, I did not even know that she was a doctor. I just knew her as Janet. One day, while we were speaking, I was embarrassed because I couldn't do something that was so easy for her. I was embarrassed! After making a comment to her, I asked her what she did for a living because she showed such compassion for me and listened to me. She did NOT have to go out of her way to do this for me, but she did.I wish all doctors can learn a lesson from the experience and advise I had meeting Dr. Taylor!!! She is a great inspiration to me.
31 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Janet E Taylor accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsManatee Glens Corp, 379 6th Ave W, Bradenton, FL
Dr. Janet E Taylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.