Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Janet Whang has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Whang saw me in her downtown doctors of USC office. I can't say enough good things about this doctor. Compassionate, caring, attentive and truly interested in helping her patients recover and get the best care. She recommended specialists during a trying time for me and took care of my prescription requirements by having her nurse call in the presciption due to her wanting to follow through on my care. No other doctor has done that for me to get me back on track. She also seems to keep abreast of the most current developments in her practice and really takes the time to talk to the patient. I truly did not feel mushed together with the hundreds of other patients, as so many doctors can make you feel. Because of Dr. Whang I am once again pushing myself toward the steps to recover from debilitating insomnia and depression.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
13 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Janet Whang accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center, 700 Lawrence Expy, Santa Clara, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Janet Whang in this video.
Dr. Janet Whang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Clara, CA.