5 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Janice L Bird?

Horrible "Policies"

My daughter was ready to get an IUD at a clinic and I talked her into going to my OBGYN instead (Womans Obgyn) thinking she would get better care. Yesterday, she started cramping and it appears that the IUD is partially out and she could be pregnant. She needed an appointment ASAP and asked me to call because she was at work. When I called, they made me wait on hold listening to a message saying to get there 15 minutes early (so they don't have to wait, ironic for a hold message) and that there is a $50 fee for cancellations less than 24 hours in advance. Then they refused to let me make an appointment for her until I paid a $48 charge (which I paid) and then they refused to let me make an appointment for her because she has her own insurance and they needed to verify it up front. I told them she would bring the insurance card and that I would guarantee payment for her but they refused, saying "I'm sorry, it's our policy." So it's their "policy" to leave a young woman bleeding and cramped up from an IUD they implemented because they can't verify her insurance up front? Well, it's my "policy" to give my business to Drs who actually care about people. My daughter and I will be switching practices.

Dr. Janice L Bird is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.