Dr. Janice Lorenzen Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Janice Lorenzen?

Posted on September 13th, 2016

Worst Dr. Visit I have ever been to. Extremely rude and does not take time to listen to the patient. Horrible bedside manner. Had to jump through hoops to get my insulin. I would not recommend this office to anyone.

Posted on March 30th, 2016

I would give 0 stars if able to

Stay Away

Posted on February 10th, 2016

Find someone else, STAY AWAY!

Use to love her

Posted on October 28th, 2015

I started going to Lorenzen in 2005 for my type 1 diabieties and I loved her. She took great care of me getting me on the insulin pump and bringing my A1C down amazingly quick. I've been a diabetic since I was 12 so I have had my share of bad doctors along the way, so when I met Dr Lorenzen I was super excited since she was the only Dr that took time to listen and help me. In 2013 I became pregnant with my first child and she took amazing care of me and my daughter had no issues at all, so I was very pleased. That was until I became pregnant with my second child in 2015 and went in to my usual 3 month check up and explained that I was 2 weeks pregnant with my second child and was ready to get started on the 24/7 monitoring I had recieved with my first child. Well that is when she stood up and told the nurse Terry at the desk that she needed to Google another endro close to my home and I could start going there instead. I about fell off my chair! Not only was I now pregnant with my second child I have a very messed up insurance and I can't just walk in anywhere. I asked if there was anyone she could recommend for me and the answer basically came back no. They never called the other Dr to see if I could even get in or that they were sending me their way. All I got was this is who came up on the Google search close to your home and handed me a sticky note with the Dr.'s name on it. They knew nothing about this Dr if they were good, bad or was even accepting new patients. I asked if she could just monitor my levels for me till I could find someone and nope couldn't do that either. So after 10 years of being a loyal patient I was dropped instantly no warning, no let me find a good Dr for you, no let me monitor you until you get a Dr somewhere. I got a sticky note and a good luck?! Needless to say here I am 3 months later and no endro, I have called almost every one I could find and no one is taking new patients, or they don't take my insurance. I actually called Lorenzen's office a month later telling them that I still could not find a Dr and asked if there was anyway I could just be monitored so I could stay on the right track and you guessed it! "No, sorry we can't" so I asked if I could get an insulin refill till I could get someone and after humming and thinking she said I might be able to push it through, but not sure if Dr. Lorenzen will approve it. They did a one time refill of two bottles which isn't even enough to get through 1 month! My baby Dr has been able to get me my insulin but only on a month to month basis and it's a fight every time I call them to get a refill. So, Thank you Dr Lorenzen for doing this to me I am now fighting everyday to stay healthly for myself and my baby. Please do not go through what I just had to and am still going through. Maybe I can find a Dr that will actually care and help my baby and myself to get back on track and help me instead of just being pushed out like trash.

Posted on February 28th, 2015

horrible. avoid.

Worst experience

Posted on October 9th, 2014

Lorenzen is by far the most ignorant medical doctor I have ever come in contact with. I scheduled to see her in hopes that she'd be able to help me with my hypoglycemia problem and to evaluate my thyroid disorder. This doctor didn't make any effort to help me what-so-ever. She didn't look at my labs I brought to her, didn't test my blood sugar (even though on my labwork it revealed it has been as low as 31!), didn't check my neck or anything; However, she did bizarrely hand me a paper lunch sack from her desk drawer and ask me to breathe into it for several minutes so she could evaluate that (Yup!!). I came to her needing serious medical guidance and she did Nothing to help. I left her office feeling confused at what had taken place, and very much frustrated that I wasn't helped. I will never, ever send anyone to this doctor. Very odd!

Not recommended

Posted on July 29th, 2014

I went to Dr. Lorenzen because I am 20 years old and my thyroid seemed to be enlarged. After waiting weeks for my appointment she never checked my weight, heart rate, or blood pressure. She did not examine my thyroid, or even touch my neck. She simple told me I had a "thick neck". After going to another doctor and having many other procedures I found out I have a cancerous nodule in the thyroid. Thank you Dr. Lorenzen for ignoring my problem and causing the treatment of this issue to be delayed for months!!! I could have had this taken care of months ago if she would have just done her job and sent me for some tests. Never recommending her to anyone.

Horrible

Posted on May 31st, 2014

I waited 2 months to get in for an appointment and was extremely disappointed with the way my appointment went. She was not friendly, did not care, and spent a total of 2 minutes in the room with me. I would not recommend her to any one!

Rude

Posted on April 1st, 2014

The worst experience I've ever had in a doctors office. Dr Lorenzen was nasty, rude and not interested in anything I had to say. She treated me like dirt under her shoes. My first and last visit!!! If I had need for further medical help I would live with the illness before I would let her touch me. The staff never even smiled. What an unhappy place to work.

Poor excuse of a "doctor"

Posted on March 16th, 2014

Lorenzen was BY FAR the WORST doctor I have had the displeasure of dealing with. She is incompetent, cold, and beyond RUDE. I wouldn't recommend this joke of a doctor to anyone. She should not be practicing medicine. When you go to a doctor, you expect to be treated with respect and dignity. The least she could have done was taken a look at my most recent blood work, which she did not do. She dismissed me without a single thought or justification. She didn't look into my glucose levels, insulin levels, thyroid, testosterone, etc. She simply DID NOT CARE... She is a lawyer. You'd think she would recognize medical malpractice as she conducts it in her own office. My visit to her office was a very sad day. After waiting 2 months to finally see her, with the hopes of getting the help that I need (hence, why TWO doctors referred me to an endocrinologist), I was turned away. I'm not sure if it's because of my skin color, my ethnicity, my appearance, but I have never been treated in such a way. I would certainly NOT expect this from a doctor/lawyer.

Horrible and Rude Doctor

Posted on February 18th, 2014

This doctor is a very cold and could care less about what your problems are. I have been to many doctors over the years and have never experienced anyone quite as rude as her. I would not recommend her to anyone. If there was a zero for the rating of this doctor I would have given her that.

Posted on June 1st, 2011

Dr. Lorenzen is very good at communications, excellent listener, observer. She is the best endocrinoligist in Lake County that recognizes the physcian and the patient need to work as a team particularily in type 1 diabetes control where each patient is unique and does not fall into text book management of the disease necessarily.